This course will help you develop the knowledge and skills needed to implement student-centered science instruction. First, we will explore why we teach science to all students and how our science education experiences impact our view of what good science teaching is. Next, we will examine multiple views on how students come to understand science, the teaching strategies research has identified as most effective and how these strategies can be implemented within the contexts of current high school classrooms. In addition to learning how to teach biology to a diverse group of students, we will reconstruct our knowledge of biology to make it more contextual and conceptual. Finally, we will explore what it is like to be a science teacher and what type of science teacher each of you would like to be.
How to order the class materials:
- Pay for the materials by clicking on the PayPal Checkout Button.
- You can pay with Visa, MasterCard or PayPal.
- If you don't see the email within 15 minutes, check your spam folder.
- If you do not complete process at this time the link in email will expire.
- If the link has expired, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us that your link expired and we will send you a username and password.
- If you do not receive the link to register just contact us at email@example.com and we will email you a username and password.
Additional payment-related information:
- You must purchase the materials via the PayPal Check Out Button before you can log in.
- We will email a receipt to the email address you specify when making the purchase.
- You can access the website to view the materials as often as you like, so there's no need to download large files.
- You can change your password at any time but will need access to the registered email.
- The user and password are good for five months.
- If you use the user and password with more than five IP addresses you may get locked out. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send a new user and password.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.