An introduction to the structure and function of a variety of metalloproteins and metalloenzymes, concentrating on systems containing transition metals. Emphasis is on the role of the metal ion(s), and the inorganic chemistry involved in the biomolecule’s function.
- Metallobiomolecules: General
- Metal-binding organic groups
- Metal structural types
- Elements of protein structure
- The entatic state hypothesis
- Metal substitution
- Synthetic analogues
- Some physical methods
- Metallobiomolecules: Specific
- Oxygen carriers: hemoglobin/myoglobin, hemerythrin, hemocyanin
- Electron transfer: cytochromes, iron-sulfur proteins, blue copper proteins
- Metal transport/storage: ferritin, transferrin, metallothioneins
- Hydrolases: carboxypeptidase, carbonic anhydrase
- Carbon metabolism: methane monooxygenase, cytochrome P-450 enzymes
- Oxygen metabolism: oxidases, oxygenases, superoxide dismutase, catalase
- Oxygen production: water-oxidizing complex of photosynthesis
How to order the class materials:
- Pay for the materials by clicking on the PayPal Checkout Button.
- You can pay with Visa, MasterCard or PayPal.
- If you don't see the email within 15 minutes, check your spam folder.
- If you do not complete process at this time the link in email will expire.
- If the link has expired, just email us at email@example.com and tell us that your link expired and we will send you a username and password.
- If you do not receive the link to register just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will email you a username and password.
Additional payment-related information:
- You must purchase the materials via the PayPal Check Out Button before you can log in.
- We will email a receipt to the email address you specify when making the purchase.
- You can access the website to view the materials as often as you like, so there's no need to download large files.
- You can change your password at any time but will need access to the registered email.
- The user and password are good for five months.
- If you use the user and password with more than five IP addresses you may get locked out. Just email us at email@example.com and we will send a new user and password.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.