Study of networks of interacting computers. The problems, rationale, and possible solution for both distributed processing and distributed databases will be examined.
- Delay, loss and throughput
- Layered architectures
- Network applications
- HTTP, FTP and email
- DNS and P2P
- Transport layer services; multiplexing/demultiplexing
- TCP and UDP
- Reliable data transfer
- Congestion control
- Network layer, virtual circuits and datagram networks
- Principles of routing and switching
- Routing algorithms
- Broadcast and multicast routing
- Link layer services; error correction and detection
- Multiple access protocols; link layer addressing
- Ethernet; hubs and switches
How to order the class materials:
- Pay for the materials by clicking on the PayPal Checkout Button.
- You can pay with Visa, MasterCard or PayPal.
- If you don't see the email within 15 minutes, check your spam folder.
- If you do not complete process at this time the link in email will expire.
- If the link has expired, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us that your link expired and we will send you a username and password.
- If you do not receive the link to register just contact us at email@example.com and we will email you a username and password.
Additional payment-related information:
- You must purchase the materials via the PayPal Check Out Button before you can log in.
- We will email a receipt to the email address you specify when making the purchase.
- You can access the website to view the materials as often as you like, so there's no need to download large files.
- You can change your password at any time but will need access to the registered email.
- The user and password are good for five months.
- If you use the user and password with more than five IP addresses you may get locked out. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send a new user and password.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.