The goal of this course is to help you use economic principles to think strategically about business decisions. The course is structured in two parts. The first part shall focus solely on understanding microeconomic ideas (such as the principal-agent problem) and using this understanding to make better managerial decisions. Readings will detail each concept; a case elucidating the application of that concept will then be considered. Topics will include adverse selection, game theory, price discrimination, strategic commitment, barriers to entry, and network effects. The second part of the course considers effective strategic responses to challenges posed by the legal environment. Readings will provide background on various fields of law, such as antitrust and international trade, as well as strategic options available to managers in dealing with challenges in these areas. Cases will emphasize applying knowledge of the legal environment as well as sound business practices to successfully and ethically deal with the challenges posed. Topics will include regulation, antitrust, intellectual property, fiduciary duty, and liability.
How to order the class materials:
- Pay for the materials by clicking on the PayPal Checkout Button.
- You can pay with Visa, MasterCard or PayPal.
- We will email you a link to register your username and password .
- If you don't see the email within 15 minutes, check your spam folder.
- If you do not complete process at this time the link in email will expire.
- If the link has expired, just email us at email@example.com and tell us that your link expired and we will send you a username and password.
- If you do not receive the link to register just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will email you a username and password.
Additional payment-related information:
- You must purchase the materials via the PayPal Check Out Button before you can log in.
- We will email a receipt to the email address you specify when making the purchase.
- You can access the website to view the materials as often as you like, so there's no need to download large files.
- You can change your password at any time but will need access to the registered email.
- The user and password are good for five months.
- If you use the user and password with more than five IP addresses you may get locked out. Just email us at email@example.com and we will send a new user and password.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.