This course provides an analytical introduction to major topics in the study of international political economy and international relations. We will begin by studying how scholars from various theoretical and philosophical persuasions think about the relationship between international power and wealth. Then, we will apply these concepts and arguments to the issues of international trade, money and finance, and economy and security. The next part of the course will survey relations between advanced industrial countries and the
developing world (North-South relations). We will examine the role of the multinational corporation, debate the origins of international development and underdevelopment, and scrutinize the politics of the IMF and its “structural adjustment” policies. Towards the end we will focus on current debates in international political economy, including the causes and political consequences of globalization, and the political economy of post-Communist economic reforms.
How to order the class materials:
- Pay for the materials by clicking on the PayPal Checkout Button.
- You can pay with Visa, MasterCard or PayPal.
- If you don't see the email within 15 minutes, check your spam folder.
- If you do not complete process at this time the link in email will expire.
- If the link has expired, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us that your link expired and we will send you a username and password.
- If you do not receive the link to register just contact us at email@example.com and we will email you a username and password.
Additional payment-related information:
- You must purchase the materials via the PayPal Check Out Button before you can log in.
- We will email a receipt to the email address you specify when making the purchase.
- You can access the website to view the materials as often as you like, so there's no need to download large files.
- You can change your password at any time but will need access to the registered email.
- The user and password are good for five months.
- If you use the user and password with more than five IP addresses you may get locked out. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send a new user and password.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.