This course offers an in-depth understanding of the antecedents and consequences of public opinion and political behavior in American politics. Particular emphasis is given to the theoretical and methodological approaches central to scholarship in this area. The course is divided into three sections. Part one serves as an introduction and examines the normative and empirical underpinning of public opinion and the classic model of individual opinion and behavior. Part two focuses on revisionist models and approaches to the study of individual and collective opinion and behavior. Part three examines the processes and institutions (i.e., elections, political parties, and interest groups) by which public opinion is aggregated, infused, and diffused into the governing and policy-making processes.
How to order the class materials:
- Pay for the materials by clicking on the PayPal Checkout Button.
- You can pay with Visa, MasterCard or PayPal.
- We will email you a link to register your username and password .
- If you don't see the email within 15 minutes, check your spam folder.
- If you do not complete process at this time the link in email will expire.
- If the link has expired, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us that your link expired and we will send you a username and password.
- If you do not receive the link to register just contact us at email@example.com and we will email you a username and password.
Additional payment-related information:
- You must purchase the materials via the PayPal Check Out Button before you can log in.
- We will email a receipt to the email address you specify when making the purchase.
- You can access the website to view the materials as often as you like, so there's no need to download large files.
- You can change your password at any time but will need access to the registered email.
- The user and password are good for five months.
- If you use the user and password with more than five IP addresses you may get locked out. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send a new user and password.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.