This Advanced Seminar in Impulsive and Compulsive Disorders serves as an excellent complement to Advanced Seminar in Addictions. The course builds on the Addictions Seminar by covering the full range of behavioural Addictions, including technology addictions, and distinguishing them from the conceptually related compusive disorders that also result in habituallty disfunctional behaviour that is effectively “out of the person’s control.”
The recent inclusion of Gambling Disorder as the first recognized behavioral addiction in the DSM-5 has brought renewed attention to the broader spectrum of other behavioral compulsions. This online course provides a conceptualization of Impulsive and Compulsive Disorders and a brief overview of the varied forms of addictive behaviors and treatments, including gambling, online gaming, food addiction, pornography addiction, sex addiction, compulsive shopping, Internet addiction, and a variety of impulse control disorders, among others. Attention is given to the relationship between behavioral addictions and substance addictions across a number of domains, including their natural history, phenomenology, comorbidity, genetic predisposition, neurobiological mechanisms, and response to treatment. Developments in the conceptualization, prevention, and intervention are addressed, as well, in relation to the rapidly evolving field of Impulsive and Compulsive Disorders.
Warning: Some students are reporting that they're accidentally being charged multiple times if they click PayPal's 'Pay Now' button more than once. Please pause a bit after pressing the "Pay Now" button to give PayPal time to process the order. If you're double-charged, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to report the issue and you'll immediately receive a refund for the duplicate charge.
How to order the class materials:
- Pay for the materials by clicking on the PayPal Checkout Button.
- You can pay with Visa, MasterCard or PayPal.
- If you don't see the email within 15 minutes, check your spam folder.
- If you do not complete process at this time the link in email will expire.
- If the link has expired, just email us at email@example.com and tell us that your link expired and we will send you a username and password.
- If you do not receive the link to register just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will email you a username and password.
Additional payment-related information:
- You must purchase the materials via the PayPal Check Out Button before you can log in.
- We will email a receipt to the email address you specify when making the purchase.
- You can access the website to view the materials as often as you like, so there's no need to download large files.
- You can change your password at any time but will need access to the registered email.
- The user and password are good for five months.
- If you use the user and password with more than five IP addresses you may get locked out. Just email us at email@example.com and we will send a new user and password.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.