This course examines social psychological theories and research on the self and inter-group relations. Topics include human motivation, the self in groups, explicit and implicit stereotyping and prejudice, reducing prejudice, social stigma, and strategies for fostering diversity. We will explore how the need to belong drives prejudice and discrimination. We will examine how those with stigmatized identities cope with prejudice and discrimination. We will examine strategies to improve racial diversity and reduce implicit and explicit prejudice. We will also examine the steps to confronting prejudice and whether confronting makes a difference.
Warning: Some students are reporting that they're accidentally being charged multiple times if they click PayPal's 'Pay Now' button more than once. Please pause a bit after pressing the "Pay Now" button to give PayPal time to process the order. If you're double-charged, just send an email to email@example.com to report the issue and you'll immediately receive a refund for the duplicate charge.
How to order the class materials:
- Pay for the materials by clicking on the PayPal Checkout Button.
- You can pay with Visa, MasterCard or PayPal.
- If you don't see the email within 15 minutes, check your spam folder.
- If you do not complete process at this time the link in email will expire.
- If the link has expired, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us that your link expired and we will send you a username and password.
- If you do not receive the link to register just contact us at email@example.com and we will email you a username and password.
Additional payment-related information:
- You must purchase the materials via the PayPal Check Out Button before you can log in.
- We will email a receipt to the email address you specify when making the purchase.
- You can access the website to view the materials as often as you like, so there's no need to download large files.
- You can change your password at any time but will need access to the registered email.
- The user and password are good for five months.
- If you use the user and password with more than five IP addresses you may get locked out. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send a new user and password.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.