This course explores a range of factors that contribute to sexual behavior and understandings at biological, psychological, and sociocultural levels. The course is pitched at the foundational level and explores sex and gender through a variety of lenses that range from the molecular (genetic, cellular) to more molar (social constructionism) perspectives. The course represents the application of psychological science to an understanding of timely, and evolving, contemporary issues. Special emphasis is given to sexual orientation, sexual preference, sexual variance, and the study of gender and differences.
We are pleased to offer the following custom interviews Class Center produced for this course:
- Ara: In Position to Transition
- Ara On Stage
- Ascendency of Zen
- Carolyn on Culture
- Barry Fears Queer
- Ben Ponders Gender
- Brent: Becoming Brent
- Catherine as Virginia Wolf
- Catherine: Virginia Wolf and Feminism
- Chris Does Drag
- Chris: The Other Side
- Dr. Heidi Riggio: Interview with the Author
- Freddie: Sex Role Schemas in Action
- Hannah: Let’s Hand it to Hannah
- Jason: Looking for Love in all the Wrong Places
- John-Eric and Liezerie: Gender Roles in Relationships
- Kimberly: Gender, Sex, and Law
- Marc on Masculinity
- Nemat: Sexual Persecution and Execution
- Robin Makes the Rounds
- Zen: The Making of A Name
Warning: Some students are reporting that they're accidentally being charged multiple times if they click PayPal's 'Pay Now' button more than once. Please pause a bit after pressing the "Pay Now" button to give PayPal time to process the order. If you're double-charged, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to report the issue and you'll immediately receive a refund for the duplicate charge.
How to order the class materials:
- Pay for the materials by clicking on the PayPal Checkout Button.
- You can pay with Visa, MasterCard or PayPal.
- If you don't see the email within 15 minutes, check your spam folder.
- If you do not complete process at this time the link in email will expire.
- If the link has expired, just email us at email@example.com and tell us that your link expired and we will send you a username and password.
- If you do not receive the link to register just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will email you a username and password.
Additional payment-related information:
- You must purchase the materials via the PayPal Check Out Button before you can log in.
- We will email a receipt to the email address you specify when making the purchase.
- You can access the website to view the materials as often as you like, so there's no need to download large files.
- You can change your password at any time but will need access to the registered email.
- The user and password are good for five months.
- If you use the user and password with more than five IP addresses you may get locked out. Just email us at email@example.com and we will send a new user and password.